Monday, January 10, 2011

In the beginning, there was a mess

It is a mess I cannot bring myself to clean up.  Beads, buttons, chains, glue, leather cords, wood blocks – you name it, it’s most likely loitering on our living room floor, waiting for a pick-up at a defunct stop.  These items cannot and will not be picked up.  They have a purpose: obstruct, trip, pierce.  By doing so, they will hopefully prevent me from reaching my final destination: the couch.

Usually it's a sharp piece of 22-gauge copper wire that just dives right in and takes the lead in this task.  As I scream out in pain and fall to my knees, I pull a 1-inch sliver out from my heel and am swiftly reminded I should be working on beefing up our etsy inventory instead of watching brain-numbing jibber jabber from Kathie Lee and Hoda.  Which conveniently leads into my goal for the week: create ten new pieces for the etsy store by Sunday, January 16.  I am short on willpower, ambition and supplies (ok, ok I don’t need more supplies), but let us hope I sleep-craft* and wake up to these ten new pieces by Sunday. 

When crafts attack
















*Sleep-craft v similar to sleep-walking, but the subconscious purpose is to create ie: I sleep-crafted last night and woke up with this fabulous, crocheted scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment